- Dominican Independence Day Celebration at Atlanta City HallDominican Independence Day Celebration at Atlanta City Hall
The 2012 Atlanta's Dominican Independence Day Celebration. A Proclamation from the City of Atlanta, Music, Food, and the Dominican Spirit !!
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against WomenInternational Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
Next month, on November 25th, our nation will be commemorating the 50th anniversary of the assassination of the three Dominican heroines, Patria, Minerva, and María Teresa Mirabal.
- Delta’s Inaugural Flight Atlanta – Santo DomingoDelta’s Inaugural Flight Atlanta – Santo Domingo
The Director of International Affairs of the city of Atlanta, Claire McLeveighn smiles at the ribbon cutting ceremony of Delta's Inaugural Flight Atlanta - Santo Domingo, held at the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, on December 1, 2005. Víctor Ramírez, President of the Dominican International Association (third from left), and Fernando Ramírez (second from left), Director of the Dominican-American Chamber of Commerce in Atlanta joined Ms. McLeveighn and the Delta's Flight Crew traveling to the Dominican Republic for that special ocassion. They were recieved on a courtesy visit by the US General Consul in the capital of Santo Domingo.[gallery ids="2521"]
- DEDICATION OF PARK ATLANTA IN THE ATLANTA’S SISTER CITY OF SALCEDO, DOMINICAN REPUBLICDEDICATION OF PARK ATLANTA IN THE ATLANTA’S SISTER CITY OF SALCEDO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Parque Atlanta was a project created to honor the three Dominican heroines that were brutally assassinated by the Trujillo dictatorship in the year 1960. The park has a giant butterfly-shaped amphitheater symbolizing the three heroines who fought for freedom, justice, human and women’s rights in the Dominican Republic.
- Dominican President Blesses Atlanta-Salcedo Sister Cities RelationshipDominican President Blesses Atlanta-Salcedo Sister Cities Relationship
While visiting the city of Atlanta to attend the "Agenda for the Americas for the 21st Century", the President of the Dominican Republic Dr. Leonel Fernández highlighted the official announcement of the new Sister Cities Relationship between the cities of Atlanta and Salcedo. President Fernández said: "In Salcedo they should now put a sign that says Georgia on my mind", which is the title of a popular song. [gallery ids="2542,2541,2540"]
- INTEC University’s President Visits GeorgiaINTEC University’s President Visits Georgia
Rafael Toribio, President of INTEC University in the Dominican Republic, and Jefrey Lizardo, Director of the Development Office of that institution visited the city of Atlanta to explore the possibility of implementing colaboration projects between Georgia and the Dominican Republic. They also visited the schools of Health, Spanish, and History of Armstrong State University in Savanah, Georgia.